You have hired your photographer, hello! And now you are getting ready for your engagement photos and you‘re finding yourself a little nervous, it’s totally okay! Everyone has been there! You’re wondering all of the things: What do I wear? How should I do my hair? What does my fiancé wear? Can I bring my puppy?
Well don’t worry, I have all of your questions answered and more in this all-in-one engagement photoshoot checklist right here!
- Location – When it comes to picking a location, you want to make sure that it is somewhere that is meaningful to you and your fiancé. Your location will represent you two as a couple!
- Time & Date – Depending on the location, we can work on a perfect time to be able to capture everything! Wether you want to capture golden hour, early morning sun rise, or mid day sun! Have a couple of dates open to be able to provide to your photographer so that you can make sure the availability lines up!
- Nails – Treat yourself and get your nails done! We will be taking detail shots and you don’t want to look back and go “Offf my nail color was chipped!” Trust me, I’ve been there!
- Hair – The big questions, what do I do with my hair!? It is recommended to wear your hair in a style that would be natural and normal to you! Engagement photo capture your true selves, just in an elevated way. If you normally wear your hair down and curly, do that! If you normally put it back in a bun, there you go! You want to make sure your hair compliments your outfit and you!
- OOTD – Your outfit is so important! You want to pick something that is comfortable and represents you. As well, you want to make sure you aren’t mathing with your partner, but your outfits are complimentary to each other. A good general rule to keep in mind: neutral colors, no neon colors, avoid large prints and patterns, avoid animal print, long flowy dresses are a classic, and for a staple mens classic outfit you can go with a button down and khakis. A whole outfit guide will be coming soon!
- Comfortable Shoes – There will be some walking so you want to make sure you are wearing something comfortable to be able to be on your feet for 60 min. If you want to wear heels, I recommend a shorter chunky heel, here is my personal recommendation, Target has some super cute 2 inch chunky heels!
- Clean Your Ring – You want that beauty to sparkle and shine! I highly recommend getting your ring cleaned before photos to ensure it looks flawless in your photos.
- Pose Research – This can be one of the scariest things about photos, posing! But do not fear! Pinterest is going to be your best friend here. Pinterest has amazing couple poses you can check out and see so you can be ready with premade poses. My style is a mix of poses, prompts, and candid moments. So I will be including poses for you two, prompts to get you moving and show your silly selves, and of course capturing your candid moments during the session. Engagement photo shoots are a great way to get comfortable with me to prepare for your wedding day!
- Furry Friends – I love furry friends! If you want to bring your animal, absolutely! I always recommend bringing a cute bandana or little outfit that will complement what the humans are wearing!
I hope this checklist helps you plan for your engagement session and help ease you during this wedding planning journey! If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reach out because I am here to help you in every step of the way for your wedding!